It is very sad to have cancer, it is very painful to get information about yourself or someone having cancer. It is not surprising to have a cancer disease in today’s time. Although it is a life-threatening disease, it seems that in the current lifestyle human has adopted this disease. If we do a regular medical checkup, then the cancer disease can be detected initially. Hence its treatment is also possible.
till what stage cancer is curable?
Staging it out helps you figure out where it is located in the cancer body and spread to go. It also shows whether it is affecting other parts of the body. Doctors often use diagnostic tests to determine the stages of cancer.
Knowing stages helps the doctor in the following ways:
– Determination of treatment including the need for surgery or chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
– To know the possibility of cancer coming back after the original treatment.
– To estimate the probability of recovery.
– Giving your team complete information about cancer in common language.
– It helps determine which method of treatment worked well.
– It helps to know how successful the uniform method of treatment has proved.
How do the doctors explain about staging?
TNM Staging: –
Doctors usually use the TNM system of the American Joint Committee of Cancer – AJCC. Doctors answer the following questions based on the results of clinical trials, imaging scans, and surgery to extract or obtain a tumor sample.
1. How big is the primary tumor? Where is it located? (Tumor, T)
2. Has the tumor spread to the lymph nodes? If yes, where and how many? (Node, n)
3. Has cancer spread to other parts of the body? If yes, where and how much? (Metastasis, M)
4. Are there any biomarkers associated with cancer that can make it more or less likely to spread?
Doctors combine TNM results and other factors to determine cancer stages. And in common language, cancer is defined in four stages: stages 0 to (IV) 4
Stage 0 – This stage indicates the place of cancer. This usually means that the tumor has not started growing in the nearby tissues, that is, the tumor is very fine. Hence cancer can be treated by removing that fine tumor by surgery.
Stage I – In this stage, there is a small tumor that does not extend deeply into the surrounding tissues. The tumor also does not spread to lymph nodes or other parts of the body. This is called early-stage cancer. It is curable.
Stage II and III – These stages indicate large and life-threatening tumors that grow deep in their surrounding tissues. Even the tumor has spread to the lymph nodes but not to other parts of the body. In these stages, the possibility of treatment is incomplete.
Stage IV – This stage means that cancer has spread to other organs or parts of the body. It is considered to be the last stage of cancer and treatment is not possible.
What treatments of Cancer are available?
Instead of surgery, there are some methods and therapies which can help to rid off to the Cancer. The name of the main therapies are given below:
2. Immunotherapy and Vaccines.
3. Radiation Therapy.
4. Integrative Medicine therapy.
5. Bone Marrow/Stem Cell Transplantation.
Read more: The Main Reasons For Baldness In Human
There are side effects of therapies because the body passes through an experiment. For example, chemotherapy may cause some side effects to the body which depends upon the type of cancer. In a simple language, chemotherapy damages healthy cells of body to make the tumor weaken. Chemotherapy forces cancer tissues to die. In most cases chemotherapy causes hair fall from the whole body. Chemotherapy takes the usual time to finish the tumor in the body. It according to the situation of the tumor.
So whenever the patient passes through this tough time, He/She also has to face the problem of Baldness. The baldness attracts people and simply tells them about the diagnose and it increases the stress as well. In this time the hair extensions help a lot. These not only to stop letting people know about one’s disease but also it increases one’s confidence.